Wednesday 28 January 2015

Exercise 3 - Tonal study

With my research in mind I decided the way to make my interior interesting was to exaggerate the perspective a bit. I practiced in my sketchbook at A4 size.



and tried to add some more tone. I have to draw in the evening and as it's January it's dark. Artificial light indoors in a domestic kitchen is not designed to give much tone. I did try changing the light by moving my desk lamp around but I didn't like the effects it gave.


This is my final drawing. I had to photograph it as its A2 sized so the image quality isn't fantastic I tried to stick to the real tones whilst bending the items in the picture to make it dynamic. This gives it a bit of a cartoon feel which I'm  not entirely pleased with. I used a chunky graphite stick on good quality paper but I can't get any of my rubbers to remove the graphite, even a decent putty rubber. The central bit is the blind over the window   In hindsight I'm wondering if it's a bit confusing

No comments: