Sunday 12 July 2015

Assignment 5 - Part 2

To get a better feeling of the actual mechanics of the movement I tried looking at online videos but this time pressing the pause button to create fuzzy action shots for reference.

I started with dip pen and ink but it didn't move freely across the paper so I switched to felt tip then pencil. For the next session (below) I used a fine liner and tried different marks to suggest my figures.


 I tried coloured pencils but the drawings weren't great and they don't scan well Finally I mixed felt tip with a slightly dried out fineliner.
Reviewing the drawings there are a number which I think were reasonably successful and would benefit from further development.





I used water-soluble crayons with and without water to smear the colours
Some of them were a bit of a challenge to scan but I still think the images you see are a better representation of what I see on the page than my photos







I think this version is the most successful but I haven't met my target of including some background.

No comments: