Monday 31 January 2011

Giving Instructions - Making a cup of tea

Surprised at how few references I found to help with this, but luckily I have plenty of references in my kitchen!

I did some sketchbook studies, then tried a layout I wanted to see the mug as a clock face and the tea getting darker as the invisible clock hands moved around but it hasn't really worked

It's simple but it lacks the liveliness of the sketches.

I liked the feel of the second sketch so I shuffled it around on the computer
I think this has some potential but I want colour so I tried adding it with pencil;
which was a bit weak so I painted a printout with acrylic
Then coloured the background with the computer
Maybe the black and white image was the best? They all float in space which was a valid criticism from Jo my tutor. Also my sons thought that the tea was being made in a bowl or bucket but the addition of a mug handle doesn't fit in the picture.

No comments: