Wednesday 10 August 2011

Revisiting Music Poster

Now that the scanner is working I scanned my poster image and used Paintshop to trace the contours which took me back to my outline

Then I could use the fill tool to play with colour and Publisher to do the lettering. It does look a bit boring....


I printed out my contour image and went over the important lies with black felt tip. I really like this image but I can't see a future for it without colour

 It needs better lettering more in keeping with the drawing. Jo suggested cutout paper. Inspired by my art student daughter and Japanese paper cuts I thought of stencils so I drew and cut out this (rough paper hence pink)
 I was going to spray paint through it but with a bit of computer manipulation you get...
 or.....
I think I like the top one best. Again I'm fighting with colour schemes. I want this to be eyecatching, I feel it needs to have red and white on the lifebelt or it doesn't make sense and one of the band wears a green hat so that's important to me to connect it with the real group

and then does this have more punch??

No comments: