Thursday 3 November 2011

Character Development "Super Dad"

I have a problem with decision making, so give me a free choice (of characters) and I am stopped in my tracks with indecision. To break the creative block I started with Superdad who was an idea I had ages ago but never followed through.


Superdad is balding and a little overweight, he wears a white shirt and suit trousers. In my head he's always just got in from work, his briefcase is always close by. He's managed to put on a chefs stripy apron and is permanently holding a baby and/or toddler
He looks a bit neanderthal here
 studies for his face
I felt I needed to explore how he works in action so here he is in the kitchen

Needs some colour

but this looks weak. I'm not good at colour
so I tried to be bolder
and had a go with acrylics
but I think I'm better with pastel on coloured paper. It is a bit wishy-washy

though it improves with a bit of computer manipulation



No comments: