Sunday 11 September 2016

Further research

Following on from the narrative project in part 2 my tutor suggested that I do further experiments drawing onto sewn materials. 
This was the first sewing randomly with random materials. 

Afterwards, linking with my parallel project  I drew the outline of a house in ink to connect the papers.
It looks better as a small image.
I found bark from a silver birch when I was out walking. It is very thin and rolls up unless secured so I sewed it onto khandi watercolour paper in the window motif from my parallel project and added a brightly coloured leaf. This is my favourite because it is simple and uncluttered.
The leaf worked really well so I sewed leaf shapes on different materials. For the base I used a thick paper serviette which I picked up when I was having a meal somewhere.
To link the different materials I flicked red and yellow paint at the picture.

No comments: