Wednesday 27 October 2010

Subjective drawing 2


 I was interested in the effects I got from machining my drawing so I printed it out and sewed over the image on to fabric. Originally I intended to use the reverse side because it looked so good on my first attempt but it wasn't so clear using pink thread on a green background.

However I think the "right" side  was effective. The machining created perforations so it was easy to tear off the surrounding paper & leave the shape of the boot.

I used Paint Shop to colour the boot but I think it looked better uncoloured. Not really fulfilling the brief but interesting....
 

1 comment:

jo davies said...

Hi Carole,
the white boot on the white background is a strong image. The subtle qualities in the colour , the sense of solid shapes against fine , broken lines bring a strong aesthetic to the image. This is important as a piece because it's one when you have been really minimal -I think this is something for you to try in the future. It doesn't have to be sewn next time but you can use tones of the same colour and be more limited with the detail. It's good to see you exploring lots of options -try to analyse which are the most successful and why they work or not then you will have things to apply in the future.