Tuesday 14 December 2010

Happy Christmas!

I've been delayed in doing my coursework for 2 reasons,
1) I was asked to draw some children for a Christmas present  which obviously I can't post here and
2) I was working on this year's Christmas card.
I always design my own card. Some work better than others but it's a good challenge to produce something suitable each year. The cards were originally done for our business which was sold nearly 3 years ago and always feature one or more of my pets.

I did some preliminary sketches of ideas;



 I was inspired by my dog Henry playing in the snow. I've tried to photograph him in action before but my photographic skills aren't up to catching him so I did lots of drawings from memory

 and selected the ones I thought worked;


I liked the idea of multiple poses in the snow but this looked a bit random so I had him prancing around a snowman
 

It still looks like lots of dogs and our printer insists on leaving a rather unattractive margin so I went back to basics 

and ended up with one Henry and a tree.....

It now looks to me that he may have just pee'd on the tree before dashing off but hey
 
Happy Christmas!

No comments: