Sunday 12 January 2014

A typographic jigsaw puzzle

I struggled with the K, should I have used the < shape? it didn't look right. Also the X when I looked at a bigger version of Baskerville it looked like it had Serifs both sides of the strokes. My spacing could do with being a bit more even too.... Never mind, I haven't really traced anything since school so it was fun.

I do like Topography though I'm beginning to realise it's a much bigger subject than I ever thought. I'm starting to get a bit of an appreciation of the right font for the right subject but it would still be very easy to get it wrong. I like the Identifont website I think it would be very helpful to get ideas of similar available texts if I had something particular in mind. Understanding the construction makes it easier to search for the right typeface for the subject.

No comments: