Sunday 25 May 2014

Exercise - Birthday List

I did some doodles in my sketchbook and decided I liked the circular format best. The idea would be that it could be attached to a noticeboard with a central pin and rotated as the year progressed. Edward Evans did something very similar here but I felt I could expand the idea.
 I started with a simple wheel of names in a rainbow of colours
I then tried putting them into the petals of a flower, the petals are purposely different sizes to accommodate the different number of birthdays in each month.
 Which I made yellow
 and then more colourful

I like the idea of a flower so I played with some more ideas
which lead to this which is based on a sunflower
 the centre is a bit dull so I thought I'd add some lettering
 better if the petals are closer together and the centre is more like a sunflower?
 This could then be written on with the birthdays
maybe better with a bit of adjustment?


I think actually I prefer my first attempt for its clarity and simplicity


No comments: