Sunday 19 October 2014

Exercise 1 Groups of objects

I liked the idea of shopping falling out of a bag but it didn't seem very imaginative and I've just drawn loads of groceries so for my first attempt I had things spilling out of a handbag
 Drawn in charcoal on some large sheets of corrugated cardboard that came as packaging
 I find it really hard to draw bigger than I see, I guess its practise
Am I allowed to put touches of white pastel in too?
Then I drew what was on the mantelpiece.
Graphite stick but it's a bit wishy washy because it dug into the paper if I pushed hard
 I tried marker pen but that was drying out so I added compressed charcoal. The composition is a bit dull
Finally I drew what was on the draining board
 Still cardboard box packaging this time I went straight to compressed charcoal
 and then added a bit of sneaky white pastel
I think the first drawing is the best but the last is more fluid.

No comments: