Saturday 18 October 2014

Project - Basic shapes and fundamental form

Exercise; Boxes and books


I found these are difficult to do as I  sometimes mixed up the lines I couldn't see but had imagined with those that I could see. I found it easier when  I made the visible lines stronger.

Exercise; Jars and jugs


 The candle in the foreground on the right isn't sitting straight in it's holder.

Some of these look a bit forced and stylised because I was concentrating on getting the proportions right.

Exercise; Supermarket shop

This was fun. I've just done something similar for my graphic design module but I didn't have the packets grouped together. The pesto was balanced on the custard at an angle and  I liked that it wasn't completely straight.

Check and log
  • Are the objects in your drawings the correct size and shape in relation to each other? Yes I think these are fairly accurate drawings, that's why they look a bit stiff to me.
  • Do the shapes between the objects look correct? I think so.
  • Do the objects in your drawings look solid? The supermarket shop does, the boxes look see through and the cylinders need a bit of shading to make them look more substantial.
  • Have you managed to create a feeling of depth in your drawings? Best for the boxes, some of the other arrangements were a bit flat so the depth isn't as pronounced.


No comments: