Wednesday 29 April 2015

Project 3 Exercise 1 - Basic shapes

I've selected a number of drawings of different models sitting on stools as I don't have access to one for long enough to move around them.
 Watersoluble crayons. The foreshortening of the legs works for me but I'm not so sure about the arms particularly the one that is rested on the back of the chair.
 The head is too small and probably the body is too long. There is a distinct twist in the body and main area of foreshortening is the shoulders. There's a lack of depth here.
 She's not grounded on the floor so it's harder to see how her legs are positioned. The bent one is ok but the straight leg doesn't look as though the foot is closer to us although I'm sure it is. Again the head is a bit small.
 I love drawing this model as he's so lively. again the legs don't seem to recede away from you.
Same model, dynamic seated position. The foot looks closer to us in this one but the arm that rests on it lacks perspective.

No comments: