Monday 4 May 2015

Exercise 2 - Essential elements

The light at the art society studio sessions is pretty flat so I apologise that this doesn't quite fulfil the brief. Also there are only four views in this series drawn in watercolour with a brush and highlighted in places with a fine liner pen. In the first three poses the model is twisted and leans away from her axis.
so I have included four other drawings from a different session.
Graphite stick
This is my least successful drawing of this series. The pose is stilted the foreshortening not represented, the feet too small and the face overworked.
Graphite stick
charcoal
sepia conte
This is my favourite drawing in this series. I loved this model who had a real presence, the conte used both loosely on its side and end on to create bolder lines made it easy to convey the bulk of the model.

No comments: