Saturday 4 February 2012

Exercise Text and Image





My favourites are Euphemia for Calm and Chiller for Mad. My software wouldn't let me print too big so this was the best I could do. I've inserted the traced bit into the box
 I had forgotten how much I enjoy drawing letters. I haven't done this since I was at school.



The mood board is fairly predictable.

It had to be watercolour. The top two are paint, the third I painted in water then ran colour into, the last two were watersoluble pencil. I prefer the first.
Funnily the mad word was easier to write (draw?) but the moodboard was harder.
I was tempted by collage

The first version was laid on the second stuck down. They don't work.
So I used acrylic with texture medium


The first was on to a drawn outline, the second freehand and the third was just with flat paint. I wanted strong dark rich colours. Ithink the first attempt works best.

No comments: