Sunday 22 February 2015

Exercise 3 - 360 degree studies

Hemel Hempstead has been listed as the grottiest town in the UK which is a little unfair as like all towns it has it's good and bad points. There is a view which I see when I walk my dog which I think is rather fine. Sadly I'm no photographer and although I've tried to draw it before I've never done it justice. With this in mind I took some photos when I was out walking this morning, I know is should have braved the elements and drawn in situ but it's still pretty cold and there was a hard frost. My lack of dedication prevents me from becoming a landscape artist....
 I thought this was the dullest view but actually I think it was my most successful drawing.


 This is the view though I've drawn it from further down the hill as I couldn't make sense of the jumble of houses. There is still too much information in this view and I can't make sense of it so I tried using colour.
 and then biro and colour. The other drawings were timed 15 minutes, I didn't set the timer for this one but it was about 15 minutes I think.

No comments: