Saturday 14 February 2015

Part 3 Exercise 1 - Sketching individual trees

It's not the best time of year for this project both because of the weather and because it's usually dark when I get in from work. Luckily I started work at midday a couple of times this week so I had a chance to do some drawings in the morning. I'm not sure what sort of tree this is but I can see it from the warmth of my front room.
Outline
basic shapes, trunk and main branches
texture of branches
 As there aren't any leaves on the tree I chose I couldn't do the texture of the foliage so I changed trees and drew the eucalyptus tree in my garden which always has it's leaves.
Graphitint pencil on paper
I also tried to embrace the dark and drew in orange pencil on black paper
It's very feint now it's been scanned but I've posted it to give you an idea (it didn't work out very well in real life either but it was a bit clearer)

No comments: