Tuesday 11 November 2014

Doodling tone pattern and texture

Doing my research I found this from the Victoria and Albert Museum

 I started out with dip pen, pen and then charcoal. The cats snuck in I know they're too figurative for this exercise so please just ignore them. I was thinking of mountains, streams and feathers
 I moved to (from left to right) coloured pencil felt tip and Tombow markers. No theme here.

 Aquatone sticks, mainly scribbling but I splodged some water on too
Starting to think of natural forms and slipped into being too figurative at the end so I switched to charcoal and tried again, My scanner doesn't do big sheets of paper and my camera phone doesn't take great photos (though it may be my fault...)
 Charcoal, compressed charcoal and graphite sticks. Just doodles again.
 With added pastel
Charcoal, compressed charcoal and graphite stick


No comments: