Tuesday 18 November 2014

Still life using line

I was struggling to think of an interesting composition and decided to use my old sewing machine
Some layout sketches. I decided that a view from an angle was more interesting as I could draw the mechanism at the end and chose an eye level view to optimize this. I used a dip pen and black ink
I create form using tone so I found it really difficult to just stick to line (I failed when I got to the scissors and had to employ some shading to make sense of things) I noticed that there is a lovely relief pattern on the other end of the machine which I did a rubbing of.

I'm not sure this completely fulfils the brief as there is only one primary object and it says How will you make (the objects) connections apparent? How will you capture their differences? The pans and impliments in my kitchen make an interesting pattern though there are limited options for a viewpoint as it's a tiny room. This is my drawing using a fineliner
It makes sense to me but I know the kitchen so I can see that the saucepan lids are transparent and the saucepans overlap
like this

No comments: