Saturday 22 August 2015

Assignment 5 - Part 3

One of the limitations of my drawing practice is that I am too dependent on copying the scene I see in front of me. That's fine if I'm drawing something that stays put, but if I want to capture a fleeting moment I need to use my memory more and that means I need to use my imagination a bit to fill in the bits I either can't remember or couldn't see. With this in mind I changed tack on my moving skaters and tried conjure them out of my memory/imagination in my sketch book.
 I started by doodling with a blue fibre tipped pen
 Then changed to black biro.
 Then pencil and felt tip
 and ended up using a fine liner.
 I think that this sheet contains some of my more successful efforts. The process of hunting for the right line adds energy.

No comments: