Sunday 23 August 2015

Assignment 5 - Part 4

To try and build on the energy created by hunting for the right line I did some drawings with a dip pen and coloured ink. I intended to start with a light colour and add a darker colour once I'd sorted out where I wanted the line to be but I got carried away with trying to capture the right pose.
My daughter thought that the small blue figures were my most successful. Dip pens tend to blob occasionally and the ink bled through the cheap paper.....
 As I went on the figures became more static. I was trying to catch a point where the figure is unbalanced to see if this gave more of a feeling of movement.


 This picture is on an A3 sheet. I found it difficult to maintain the energy at this size but I did manage to use more than one colour. I like this paper but it gives off artefact's in my scanner.
 With this picture (also A3 size) I used felt tip pens to add more colour and tone.
and then tried just felt tip, using water to manipulate the extra lines.

No comments: