Monday 18 May 2015

Exercise 2 - Three figure drawings

I think I may persuade a model to lounge or sit but I'm unlikely to find someone who is willing to stand for 30 minutes so I dragged the mirror down from upstairs.
This is the best pose
 I used Tombow markers and tried to layer colour although some of them are rather dried out.



At the end I softened the colour in places with water.

Encouraged by this I decided to draw myself seated, this time using a brush and acrylic black ink


This worked out better than I was expecting. I just lightly sketched in the chair as I didn't want it to dominate the scene but it looks too flimsy to support the figure so I darkened it.
For my lounging figure I caught Lisa while she was studying. Preparatory studies...
Charcoal and white conte on sugar paper. In the photo I could see that the head is too small
So I modified it.
I'm not enormously pleased with the result but it's ok. As Sam was here too I drew him as well


 He's a bit of a fidget so the studies needed to be brief. The big drawing was again in charcoal and conte on sugar paper.


Somehow I like this better though I'm not sure why.

No comments: